Thursday, July 22, 2010

Some News is Good News

I hate politics. I use newspapers for the crosswords, and I only watch teevee news to find out whether or not I get a day off work due to a typhoon. That said, I will not waste your valuable time with some redundant rhetoric about how news is evil, or mention Big Brother (though he is watching) or any other such nonsense.

However, two sites have recently caught my attention.  The Real News Network and New Left Media Both are great grassroots sites geared towards getting honest footage and interviews. They are donation based and therefore free from censorship.

I first found The Real News after hearing about the G20 riots in Toronto. I have since checked their site almost daily as each video deals with honest issues as presented by honest and real people. Check it out. During my lunch break, I often mess around youtube. Sometimes I type completely random things in like: "sweat-egg", or another search may be something like, "cat driving robot", etc. But more often than not, I seek out things that make me laugh. One of my favorite people to laugh at is Sarah Palin and her retarded Tea Party Movement. This is how I found New Left Media. I was at once taken in by the reporter's (Chase Whiteside or Erick Stoll) straight and simple approach. At no time do his ignorant victims realize that they're being mocked or having the piss taken out of them. In fact, his youthfulness and the questions he asks seem to put his subjects at ease--a rarity with most redneck pedants.

I recommend both of these sites for straight-up commercial free information; current and concise and clear. And if non-fiction isn't your thing you can always check out America's Finest News Source at The Onion. Here's a vid...

No comments: