Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Kinger's Top Choices for Food Movies


There are sex scenes that give me a palpitating sem-ster, there are moments that make me wish I could jump into the screen and throttle a character with my bare hands; and though there are not too many, a good movie or scene with food in it, is capable of making me salivate; that is, to make my mouth fill up with spit and make me want to chew and swallow, chew and swallow.

In short, here are the nominees for best films in the FOOD category.

1. Eat Drink Man Woman
2. The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover
3. Like Water For Chocolate

And great films with great food scenes, I would have to go with my all time favorite: The Prison Scene in Goodfellas, the Pasgetti and Meatball Scene in Lady and The Tramp, and the scene in which Mickey Rourke feeds things to Kim Basinger in 9 1/2 Weeks was also preeety good, in that I reminisce of some of my first palpitating sem-sters as movie aficionado.

There are plenty more, no doubt. And we would be real chuffed to see some of your favorites in our comment section.

No comments: